8.30.2010

August 20-22, 2010: Fish Lake

We missed the fun mini-family reunion at Fish Lake in July so we made a special trip in August with Grama, Papa Mooney, and Aunt Katie. We camped in a tent and everything. It was so much fun. Although the fishing was just that . . . fishing and not catching, we still had a blast. Dodge and Addison both caught perch. I think that's just about perfect, the kids get to catch a fish, but I don't have to clean, cook, or eat it because they are too small. Addison had a blast playing in the dirt having free reign of the camp site. Dodge literally burned through an entire bag of marshmallows and even enjoyed fishing on the boat like a big kid.  I figured when Dad brought out his slingshot, it would do some damage. Surprisingly enough, there was no harm from the slingshot. Dodge did manage to whack himself in the head with a hammer (a little blood and a headache but then he was fine). He also managed to go for a little dip in the stream, fully clothed. Luckily it was a little stream and he hopped right out unharmed. It was a great trip and we are so glad that Uncle Randy and Aunt Susan took some time to go too. I'm gonna have to apologize about all the pictures. There are a lot, and I wanted to put them on here.


2 comments:

Patti said...

Looks like you had a fun and relaxing trip. Love the fish. That is about the same size fish that I caught my first time fishing.

Colby & Brenda said...

Michelle... trip looks like fun. I've never been to fish lake. No clue where that is, but it looks relaxing. How do you get the pictures to do 2 in a row, so there are two columns?? Also, I've tried your font and cannot get it to work on my computer to put on my blog.. any suggestions??

Miss you and hope you are good! I would love to do lunch sometime if you are up for it!