5.18.2011

Excuse me while I toot my own horn...

I have a billion things I need to post, but first, I have to show off my latest project: The entryway to our home. It needed a serious face-lift so I got super obsessive and did a few things on my to-do list. Here is the finished entryway:





About my monogrammed acid mirror. It is so hard to get a good picture of a mirror!  have to give credit to Mandi @ Vintage Revivals for the mirror tutorial. I loved her acid mirrors so I made my own version. I found the mirror for $8 at DI and added some trim to the inside.  It took a lot of time, patience, love, and even a bloody knuckle to get it done but It was so worth it.

I got the idea for the "console" table from ana-white you can find it here I started with the console table plan and made a bunch of changes. I added ten inches to the height, and 3 inches to the depth, two shelves, and trim around the top. I distressed the seams on the breadboard top to shanty it up a bit. It was actually really easy to build, only took me about an hour and a half after winging it with the changes I wanted to make. The sanding and painting took for-ev-er! I guess that's what I get for buying super cheap lumber. This project only cost me $37 to make because I only needed the wood and paint. Much better than the $150 and up it would cost to buy a similar piece. The awesome thing is, it is exactly what I wanted and is 100% original.

So there you have it, my revamped entryway!


9 comments:

Tiffanee said...

Beautiful! I totally am in <3 with all of it! Good job lady.

Mandy said...

you are amazing. wow. it turned out beautiful. love the mirror. love the console. i have been wanting a sofa table. maybe i could build one...

Janette said...

Awesome work! I bet it feels great knowing you did all that yourself too.

Louise said...

I am just amazed!!! I recently found Ana and I can't believe this world existed!!!! I am so excited. I'm totally going to copy your plans on this table! So cool! and the mirror!!?!! I would love to know exactly how you did it!!!!
thanks,
Veronica

.:michelle:. said...

Louise, I got the idea for the mirror from Mandi @ vintage revivals. She is amazing and posted a great tutorial. The only thing I did differently was the monogram instead of a pattern. You can read her whole tutorial at: http://vintagerevivals.blogspot.com/2011/04/amazing-acid-mirror.html

Michelle said...

We have been looking for something like this!! Maybe I'll get brave and build one too! Yours is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous! May I ask where you found the monogram template?

.:michelle:. said...

I created the monogrom with the silhouette program and cut it out of vinyl using the amazing silhouette. Then put the vinyl on the back of the mirror and acid washed it. There is a full tutorial on vintage revivals you can find it here: http://vintagerevivals.blogspot.com/2011/04/amazing-acid-mirror.html

Angie Simonsen said...

This looks absolutely wonderful, and is pretty similar to how I want to remake our entry way! I love Ana White's site, and love the way your mirror turned out! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!