12.13.2010

November 25th, 2010

We headed "Up North" this year for Thanksgiving. We got to spend time with both my mom and my dad's families. It was a cold, busy, fun weekend.

We went for a walk Thanksgiving morning. To say 'it was freezing' is an understatement. I know the pictures look all sunny and beautiful, it was, but it was definitely cold. We didn't get very far but it was nice to get out before totally gorging ourselves with the Turkey day spoils. Addison absolutely hated the cold. She kept saying, 'back to car'.

I tried to get some cute pictures of the kids, but they were cold and dripping snot-cicles so this is the best I got.

Addison liked walking Max, only a little difference between walking him and Duke... just kidding!

This was before we turned around and had to head into the freezing wind to get back to the car.

Dodge and Zeke. Dodge was so happy to have some kids to play with. Zeke and Dodge get along so well. If we lived closer, I know these two would be BFFs.

Cute decorations right! They were a pain to make but turned out to be a major hit. I hate to say it, but I don't know that I will attempt to make them again next year.

Dad, I caught you! Thanks for carving the bird... or should I say birds, there were two after all. MMmmmmm Turkey!

For those of you who don't know, this is my "other mother" Ruth (because step-mothers are evil right?) I know you don't want me to post your picture, oh well, deal with it! I love you! Thanks for letting me add to the chaos in the kitchen. I have wanted to learn the secrets to your pecan pie for years!! I loved spending time with you and Katie. It makes me wish we had spent more time together when I lived there.

Addison really liked the turkey, she kept asking for more turkey. Too bad she meant the chocolate one!


After Turkey with my dads family, we made the trek to my sister Heather's house in Hooper. It was well worth the drive to actually spend some time with all of my moms family on Thanksgiving. It was the first time since, well, since I can even remember.

I got to meet my smiley new nephew William Jay.

I promise I tried to get some good pictures of my moms family. This was the best I got. New camera, arrrgh, clearly I need to read the manual. 

 

I am so grateful for all the blessings we have in our life. Though it seems each year that the holidays get more and more commercialized, I am so glad we have a day set aside to realize all we have and where it all comes from. I hope we can learn to have an attitude of gratitude throughout the season and the rest of the year as well.

1 comment:

Ruth Mooney said...

Michelle,
You are the best! But I'm sure I can find a better pic of me somewhere....?! I love your blog and being able to keep up with y'all and your doings since we live a ways away. Love you!
-your 'other mother'