4.26.2010

April 24th, 2010

I know my dad is going to be completely shocked when he reads this! I know we live it one of the best places for outdoor recreation, but we are so bad about actually venturing out and doing stuff. My dad makes fun of me all the time for not taking the kids out more. Well, this last weekend, we went up to Zion with our friends Galen and Tiffanee. We biked a great 3 mile trail in Zion and then had a great BBQ in Springdale. Dodge surprised me with how tough he is. He biked nearly the whole way up and rode all the way back down. He only took one spill and barely got a scrape on his knee. I think the fall scared him more than it actually hurt him. Addison absolutely loved riding in the bike trailer. She made sure to say 'hi' to every single person we passed. She also said 'woof, woof' to all the dogs. It was too cute. When we got back down the trail, we headed into Springdale and started up some charcoal on the grill. Galen and Tiffanee got some bleu cheese burgers from Harmon's and let me just tell you, they were honestly the best burgers I have ever had in my entire life! We followed up the feast with some smore's. The kids had so much fun. It was so nice up there. I am going to try and get us out more often to enjoy the great area we live in. We are so glad that Galen and Tiff invited us to go with them.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Man, sounds fun. Wish are weather was a little better. Those kids are so cute!

Mandy said...

That sounds liked tons of fun. I never did anything like that when I lived there!

Tiffanee said...

We had so much fun! I think we are going to go to the Grand Canyon one of these days if you guys want to join us.