7.15.2010

Tuesday July 13th, 2010: Gunlock Reservoir



We originally planned to go hike around Red Cliffs out by Leeds but after the drive out there, we came to find the road was closed. So we headed to Gunlock instead. The kids pretty much love anything we can do outside. Dodge loved finding some wood and an old rope and he tried to make a boat out of all of it. He was a little disappointed to find it didn't float. Addison kept saying 'cah-cah' because of all the mud. She had some fun splashing in the water anyway. I am glad we got out there before this terrible heat set in. It is 110 degrees right now! Like I always say though, I'll take the heat for a little bit of the summer over shoveling snow in the winter. I really love the beautiful area we live in. The Red Rock is amazing. I feel lucky to wake up everyday and be able to see the red hills around us.

No comments: