7.28.2010

July 22nd, 2010: Timpanogos Cave

Dodge checking out a formation

The Watch Dog at the Cave, 

a Saint Bernard Formation

The Heart of Timpanogos

So we started Addison's big day with a hike up to Timpanogos Cave. It has been quite a while since I had been to the caves and I forgot exactly how long of a hike it is up there. I was amazed at Dodge though. He hiked the whole way up and back. He did awesome! Grama Ruth and I switched off carrying Addison since they don't let you take strollers or anything else on the trail. We both were literally dripping sweat. So we made it to the top just in time for our tour (try saying 'for our tour' five times fast!) Come to find out, poor Addison is a bit claustrophobic. She didn't like the cave too much. Dodge thought they were okay. He didn't like being cold. The caves are 45 degrees year round. The best part is when they turn off all the lights. The guide asked us to raise our hands if we wanted the lights back on. Funny lady! After our tour of the caves it was time to make our way back down. Addison enjoyed the hike back down. She slept the whole way in my arms. It's was better than any P90X for sure. It was so beautiful up there. I wish I would have taken some pictures on the way up and down but I was busy carrying the birthday girl. The canyon is amazing. It is so beautiful and smells like pine trees. I am so glad we took the time to enjoy it.

No comments: