9.22.2009

Sunday September 20th, 2009: Kurt's mission farewell...

Kurt leaves next wednesday! I cannot believe it. Time has flown by. He will be serving in the Portland Oregon mission, spanish speaking. We were able to make it up to his farewell. It was packed because it was a double farewell. It was really amazing. All the speakers spoke on prayer and they all did great. I even managed to hold it together until the closing song 'God be with you 'til we meet again'. I was full on sobbing and couldn't help it. After my lovely waterworks show, we headed to the house for an amazing open house. There were so many friends and family there to support Kurt it was amazing. It nearly felt like a family reunion. My 'other-mother' Ruth did an amazing job at hosting so many people. I couldn't help but think that I won't see him for two whole years and how much I am going to miss seeing him. Good thing I can write often!

I love you Kurt! You are such an amazing person and I am so proud of you!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Portland?! What area? What about the Vancouver metro area? That's crazy! Congratulaions to him.